Some DIY ZFlow Observations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ack! I was so proud of my filterless aquarium, it was going boynd my hopes, even nitrates went down to 0. Then in my folly I decided to upgrade my lights. Upgrading means taking exisiting ones down to tinker with. I am not a swift constructor.... My tank has been darkened several days, and now I have an ammonia spike! Gotta hurry up, but the earliest the new lights can go up is tomorrow!

Maybe I should look into the sump idea again, have a little cash to play with, was going to spend on fertilizers and a python, but maybe should reconsider now. On the other hand, sump system is just as prone to power failure as lights.

not if its designed correctly. i don't think you need a run down on how an overflow/sump works but if its designed correctly there are no problems generated by a power failure.

the jury is out on the zflow though from what i have gathered, i have thought about making one and installing it as an alternitive to the regular overflow box, but still have my little issues, mostly cosmetic ones. as long as it removes water from the tank, and doesn't leak, getting it to keep its siphon isn't that hard of a thing to do. the simplest of all options is install an air line and barbed nipple on the heightest point of the overflow and connect the airline to the air - intake of a powerhead.

Back
Top Bottom