Stand build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
I started building my tank stand today finally! Iv been waiting for my work to order in the steel for me I have on tack welded the base today I will be staying back after work tomorrow and hopefully finish welding it all here is a pic ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394088628.029645.jpg

Also do you think I should paint it or get it powder coated I don't know how to go about putting doors and stuff on it due to it being bowed at the front

i would do the doors on the sides if you are rounding the front panel

I wish I could do that but it's gonna be sitting in between to walls here is where I'm at right now ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394174158.814445.jpg

Wow man that's lookin nice. I would get it primes and glossed honestly. It will have a much nicer look. Are you doing a glass door?

That would be pretty cool. I don't think I've seen one of those. I've seen plenty with the black glass and glosses black from that really do stand out

Yea ill see what I can think of I should really make an extension so I can fit my 40 gal under it

Well here it is iv changed the design a lot I made an extension on the back so that I can run a sump it's also gonna serve as a platform for me to work on and have a sorta flip open door on the back ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395042497.214843.jpg

So you will be able to stand on top of the sump to do tank maintnance and then remove the platform and be able to work on the sump?

Yea it's going to have a door sorta thing on it that will flip up so I can access the sump and refugium and then come down once I'm done

Back
Top Bottom