Stand height

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peterp

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'd like an opinion from others, I am about to build a second stand for my 33 gal tank to match the one the 120 gal is on.

The 33 gal is 18 inches high and the 120 gal is 26 inches high, I am trying to decide if it would look better to have the tank bottoms in line or the tank tops in line.

Hiya peterp

This is quite a difficult question to answer, it is down to personal preferance. If you take most UK manufactered aquarium cabinets they are built so that the aquarium sits about 24"- 28" off the ground.
I would say that if the tanks are going to sit side by side then you would want the cabinets to be the same height.
If you went so that the tanks were the same height then you would have a 8" differance in cabinet height and i don't think that would look right IMO.

One thing to consiter is the accessibiity of the tank. Will making the bottoms line up cause the taller tank to be so high that its hard to work on with out having a step stool?

If you would need a step stool how big of a deal is this to you.

Thanks, I was leaning towards making the bottoms line up myself.
The larger tank is already on its stand which is 28 inchs high.
For me this isen't too high, but I find I may need a longer arm I keep soaking my shirt reaching in for stuff on the tank bottom. :lol:

I am told I apparently have no sense for these astetic things. :mrgreen:

I would totally agree with the fact that stands have to be the same height. It is much better from perspective stand point. Stand is larger than tank, therefore it is prevalent from graphical frontal perspective. If you make both of them the same height it'll look good IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom