Started the canopy for my 120

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InfernoST

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi All
This a continuation of my lighting build thread, I started on the canopy today, here are a few pics of the progress. Still have a lot to do but calling it a day, will pick it up tomorrow. There are more pics on the next post.
Thewood.jpg Topwithsides1.jpg Fronttopsides.jpg Topwithlight.jpg

Looking good. Is that just the 100 pounds of rock or have you got more? I was checking the rock work out too.

I need to get rid of some FW tanks ;-)

Wow man! You need to come to Ga with those skills... I'll buy the materials and pizza! :D

Looking good. Is that just the 100 pounds of rock or have you got more? I was checking the rock work out too.

Thanks man, that's the 100lbs, 50lbs live the other 50 from Marcos rock.

nice looking canopy but it is somewhat tall. will that put the t5's too far above the water?
It's 15 inches high and from what I've read the MH lamps should be at least 12" above the water, I'm hoping the T5's are not to high, if they are I'll come up with something. Both have to be at the same height or one will block the other either way I made the supports for the fixture fully adjustable so if i wanted I could bring all the way down to the water. I like the height it gives me room to take care of almost everything easily, hopefully it works as is but i wont find out till the end of next week when i get the ballasts. I'll keep you posted.

Big Mike Here is a better shot of the rock work, I think a macro lens is going to be on my X-Mas list this year.
LiverRock.jpg

Take Care

Almost forgot the best part, the materials only cost $45. There is a lot to be said for doing it yourself.

I knew it was a Nikon. I shoot with the D-100 or a Sony...depends on how lazy it get.

Back
Top Bottom