stirling engine aquarium chiller.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JC_Biggs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
soooo i just "happen" to have a stirling engine laying around. we made it in school (M.E. program) you know if you run it back wards it acts like a fridge? :brows: any one ever tried this before? be easy to run with a 25watt solar panel, and dc motor. would work during the hottest part of the day the best. only trick i think is what plastic to plumb the water. what conducts heat the best?

While I have no advice for what you can use. I wanted to post to follow this thread because I have a peltier controlled by a PIC chip that I want to use to keep my temperature stable. But using something with the best thermal conductivity into the aquarium with a material that is safe for fish and inverts has me stumped.

So personally I hope you figure it out. That and I think your idea is much more energy efficient.

Although there are thermally conductive plastics, I don't think it would be commonly available at your HW stores.

High quality stainless steel might be an option, but you prob have to paid $$ for someone to fabricate a heat exchanger for you.

Back
Top Bottom