Sump/ float vavle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that all depends on what you want the float switch to control?

do you want it to prevent overflows or to use as top-off?

Sorry, uplaoded for justdiy forgot more info. This will be used fortop off. So i am figuring toput it in the last chamber where the pump takes itto the main tank, or would be better in the first tank/ first chamber?

i see a big wet mess in your near future with that set up my friend!!
no matter what ya try having a pump from ya sump to the fuge then another pump to the tank somethings gonna over flow or run dry !! use gravity as your friend and use a pump for something else !!

with what you've got sketched out, if you want auto top off then you want your float switch in the last area, just before the water is returned to your display tank as the water level in the other two areas will be constant.

I have to agree with scuba on this one. You will eventually end up with dualling pumps. It is next to impossible to get those pumps flowing at exactly the same rate. One or the other will lose in the end. There are safety net you can add in but if your set up is as depicted in the diagram I would use extreme caution.

I'd agree about the mess - won't work as drawn

aside from hooking your float valve up to that kalk reactor, how about hooking it up to your ro unit instead ... having a nice constant water supply is always good.

put it in with your sump and skimmer so the ro water gets to mix with saltwater a bit before it gets into your refuge

if you want to stick with the 2 sump design, have the higher tank drilled and a stand pipe installed to the water level you want to keep, then it will automatically drain into your refuge and get returned to your main tank.

You should allow gravity to work for you. Let the main tanks overflow run to the 1st refugium. Have it overflow that one into the sump. Then pump the water back to the main tank. The only area that the water level will change is in the chamber that your pump is located. That is where you should put the float valve to replace water from evaporation.

Back
Top Bottom