sump for 125 gallon tank, power out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coffeetwitch

Aquarium Advice Addict
hello, im setting up a marineland corner flow 125 gallon aquarium and petco 40 breeder sump (aquion). bought the sump today and need to order baffles. i need to know how many gallons of water i can expect to flow to sump when the return pump is off. i will not be using check valves, so both overflows and what ever drains from tank will need to be accounted for. the 2 inch rule of thumb says approx 11 gallons. i do not have the 125 yet, so i cant run a test. currently i am allowing for 20 gallons. this is very restrictive on my sump layout plans. was thinking about a 75 gallon sump but that would leave me with only 8 inches of clearance for maintenance access. any first hand info would be a great help.

thanks

I'm no expert and I don't even run a sump but I've done tons of research. Unless you have a HOB overflow you can easily figure out how much space you need in the sump and it's not a lot in comparison. You have it figured out and you should test your sump no matter how much space you have in it. Sumps are extremely flexible so I think you're fine just youtube sump videos, you'll be up and running in no time...

Back
Top Bottom