Sump Plumbing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hairy_Harold

Aquarium Advice Regular
just bought 2 4ft tanks and they have 1 Inch holes drilled in one end of each. I am wondering what plumbing fixture I would need to utilize this hole as an overflow. I have been looking for god knows how long and can not find anything that will work in this manner and maintain the diameter of the hole. The hole is in the middle top of the end pane of glass, I am wanting to have coming from the hole an elbow to a straight pipe that will run to the back of the tank and then down into my sump. The rest of the plumbing is easy just not sure what I need to come out of the hole.
Thanks in advance
Rohan

Ah yes well looks like i'm going to have to sort out a way to redrill my tank then. The holes it came with are only 25mm/1" but from what I have read you need a 45mm/1 3/4" hole for a 1" bulkhead :(. They have them at my local hardware store just they are threaded not double slip.

Edit: Tanks are at my not so lfs and are being drilled for the 1" bulkhead :) hopefully have everything set up by the weekend :)

Back
Top Bottom