Sump system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbourg746

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have acquired two 8" long tanks from my local fish store and I am going to use them as breeder tanks. They ate drilled and plumbed for a sump system which I know nothing about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image-2409293989.jpg
    image-2409293989.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 105
  • image-3439418955.jpg
    image-3439418955.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 129
What specifically are you looking for help on? Are we talking more generally about why we use sumps, or how to set them up, or what equipment you need or what?

What specifically are you looking for help on? Are we talking more generally about why we use sumps, or how to set them up, or what equipment you need or what?

I understand the general use of the sump system but what I need to know is how big of a pump do I need? Submersible or wet/dry? What filter media is best? What side of the pump goes where?

Any size sump can work, but it really depends on what you want to do with it. Generally, the largest size you can fit is what is best.

How you want to set it up in terms of configuration is up to you. You could run straight berlin, or you could set up a refugium or algae scrubber. There are lots of options out there, and many of them are quite effective.

Back
Top Bottom