T12 to T5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArtWeirdo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I am having a terrible time trying to find some sockets that will replace the T12 sockets that were in my fixture. The ones I have are 1 1/4 inch wide and fit perfectly in place. All the t5 sockets that I find are 3/4 inch wide and will not fit the slot where the T12 socket was. Do they make T5 sockets that are 1 1/4 inch wide or will I have to find some way to hook up the standard T5 socket to my fixture? I'm sure someone has had this issue before so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You probably need to get a different fixture entirely for the t-5s are they High-output or normal-output? T-5 s are much brighter and better for growing plants. For a cheap t-5 fixture look up odyssea t-5 lighting fixtures. I got one for my 55 gallon two years ago at $60 and still run it (switching bulbs every 8months-1year of course) without problems and can grow most plants. Hope this helped but if it didn't just tell me and I'll see if I can help more.

They are T5HO. I would rather find some way to get these light fixtures to work since they match my aquarium. I know I can get them attached if i need to use the smaller sockets but want to try to find something that would fit into the slots that are already there. I have already installed the ballasts just need the sockets. Figured someone else who has retrofitted a older style ballast to T5 might know the answer to my problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom