Thanks Billyz.....there must be some sort of glue/silicon in between the panes as well because I tried using some pressure in order to get it off and it's still on there pretty good. Since I don't have any piano wire, I might try some dental floss.....finally I'll get some good use out of it
I also have some chemical silicon remover that I bought a long time ago and I might give that a try if the floss doesn't work. It's called Silicon-Be-Gone.....I think I tried it a few years ago, but it didn't work very well.
well I was naive to think dental floss was strong enough, but fishing line was just sitting in my toolbox and I sawed through the first side in in about 2 minutes and the other side took about 5 min.
Thanks Billyz for putting me on the right path!