tank bracing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gti_Leo

Aquarium Advice Addict
so in april i came into a free 72gbowfront aquarium with stand thing is the centerbrace was snapped beyond repair. went to my LFS to get a replacement (Big Al's Aquarium services" they said we don't order the brace from here our head office does, he sent them an e mail took them 3 weeks to respond then said they'd have to order it in from Aqueon fine. a month goes by still no brace and he e mailed whats goign on they said they will be orderign it when they order their summer shipment of aquariums which should be i na few weeks. few weeks came and the shipment of aquariums came, no brace. i went in and asked whats goign on, he elmained the next week i went back was told they had just ordered it and it would take 2-3 weeks, 4 weeks later told me they should be expecting it this week, its been two weeks since then and still no brace and i'm really getting pissed off with them (don't think i'll be buying from them anymore and wouldn't recommend any one else to)

been considerign glass bracing it and was just thinking about a euro brace, but i would need to take the footprint of the tank to a glass cutter and have them cut the shape out with an opening for access. would you guys recommend this? also considerign an external overflow but the rear panel is a little thin

If properly Euro braced all should be fine. Are you trying to get one full glass piece to Euro brace with? Sections of glass will be fine if done properly and will be a lot easier and cheaper to have done.

Use some cardboard to make a template.
thats what i was planning on doing

and i did plan on one piece yeah it would look cleaner then 4 different pieces and probably a bit stronger too.

i've got another question more on how would i do an external overflow with it euro braced back

Back
Top Bottom