Tank cracked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
An any one tell mi why my tank has cracked all of a sudden. Was sat watchin tv n saw drips comin from both sides, then more n more. Had to get a small tank outa garage n start catchin fish to transfer, wat a job ! After emtying mi bigger tank its got a great big crack in the bottom from one side to the other ! Only had tank since last october, brand new from shop. So at min got loada fish in small tank till i can get a new one tomora. Any ideas why this happened, anyone ! X

Well, I know it only takes a small crack. The pressure and weight of the water/rocks will cause the crack to spread over time and make it worse. Did you have LR in it. Any diggers like gobies? If you put LR on top of sand, I have heard they can dig out under the rock and cause it to shift.

bioteacher said:
Well, I know it only takes a small crack. The pressure and weight of the water/rocks will cause the crack to spread over time and make it worse. Did you have LR in it. Any diggers like gobies? If you put LR on top of sand, I have heard they can dig out under the rock and cause it to shift.

Wat is LR ? Im new to fish keepin. Iv only got mollies an a few guppies n just had little pebbles in bottom from pet shop. Not got any rock in, just sum fish orniments n sum false plants lol

Stress fracture? If one corner of the tank was a little bit higher, or wasn't sitting very level it could have caused it.

O rite, god i learn sumot new every day ! Thanku

MRT555 said:
Stress fracture? If one corner of the tank was a little bit higher, or wasn't sitting very level it could have caused it.

That mite b it then, but i bought cabinet to go with it. O well best get another one tomora, just hope it dunt happen again. Thanku anyway

Take that tank back to the store!

Or call the manufacture!

You are the customer and the product failed you are deserving of another brand new tank my friend!!

Take that tank back to the store!

Or call the manufacture!

You are the customer and the product failed you are deserving of another brand new tank my friend!!

Usually they will only replace a tank if it was on a properly manufactured aquarium stand made for the aquarium used.

MRT555 said:
Usually they will only replace a tank if it was on a properly manufactured aquarium stand made for the aquarium used.

It is the proper cabinet for it, i bought um both together wen i got it but got it last october so dont think they wud do owt about it ! O well off to bed na. Thanku everybody x x

Back
Top Bottom