Tank project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onisagi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I'm in the early planning stages for a custom built FW acrylic plant tank. Any ideas on the perfect plant tank setup for the space-challenged? I have a laser cutting machine at my disposal for any number of different shaped cuts on acrylic. My uncle doesn't have much space so I'm designing on a limited tank footprint probably around 5-6 gallons. For CO2 supply i plan to use Yeast/sugar, for lighting probably 1-2 compact fluorescent; undecided for filtration. To my understanding, I can't have too much surface agitation to limit CO2 dissipation, but I still need a slight current to move around CO2 concentrations. I suppose my filtration will be my solution for this problem. Maybe an in-tank sump? or maybe i'm being too ambitious... I kinda want everything self-contained to minimize outside clutter. Any ideas for any areas is welcome. I just wanna see what you experts out there believe is feasible, so I don't get carried away and design a spaceship.

Back
Top Bottom