tank safe paint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildroseofky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am making some mushrooms to decorate one of my tanks. I am molding them out of sculpey clay. I want to paint them and was thinking about using acrylic paint. Would this be safe after it cures? I read that a lot of people use Krylon paint but I will need a lot of different colors and that could get expensive. Could I use craft paint and then cover it with the clear Krylon?

I am making some mushrooms to decorate one of my tanks. I am molding them out of sculpey clay. I want to paint them and was thinking about using acrylic paint. Would this be safe after it cures? I read that a lot of people use Krylon paint but I will need a lot of different colors and that could get expensive. Could I use craft paint and then cover it with the clear Krylon?

Yes you can do that. Use a non toxic paint and cover with krylon clear, I would use quite a few coats to ensure there is no leaching of the paint

Thanks. I started painting the mushrooms with acrylic paint and will coat with several layers of clear krylon. Hopefully they will look as good in my tank as they do in my head. LOL

As soon as I get them done I will. My son said they looked like super mario mushrooms. LOL I was hoping to go more natural.

Back
Top Bottom