tank/stand diy looking for feedback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harmy4993

Aquarium Advice FINatic
harmys aquarium project by harmy4993 - Google 3D Warehouse

i dunno how to post the picture here if its possible

tank is 7 feet x 2 feet x 2 feet. 209.5 gallons roughly
stand is 10feet x 2 feet x 7 feet.
sides of the tank on the stand has a spot for qt on the right and frag tank on the left. with book shelves/ equipment storage above.

the bottom part of the stand is 10 feet x 2 feet x 2 feet im wondering if maybe make it little taller as i dont know how big skimmer units and other equipment would need to be. and little wider from front to back to give me a shelf to work on. it would have 4 doors on the bottom to five access to sump and equipment on bottom.

the top of the stand would be seprate piece from the bottom to make it transportable. its 5 feet tall from the top of the bottom stand. would enclose the qt and frag tank, book shelves, equipment shelves like food and test kits, and house the lighting. will have 2 large doors on top for access to lighing and access to tank. along with 2 smaller feeding doors

I Checked out your link, and the design is great. It seems well thought out. You should research heights of the equipment you want. I measured my store bought stand and it is 30 inches. My tank is 21" high. I am 5' 9" tall and can just reach the bottom of the back of my tank. It seems the top of you tank will be just about the same height. Unless you are taller than me you might want to find equipment that will work with what you have drawn, otherwise you will need a stool to work on your tank. I would forgo the shelf for the same reason. Good luck!!!!

Looks good to me. I'd probably leave the back open or design some kind of cooling fans into the stand to deal with the heat of the lights.

Back
Top Bottom