Tank Stand Journals!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stand framed for 120 salt water this past weekend

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 79
Good luck, have any questions feel free to ask, their easy to build once you see some pics online, that's how I got my ideas

Good luck, have any questions feel free to ask, their easy to build once you see some pics online, that's how I got my ideas

Here is what makes my tank stand a. Awkward build to make it the exact size because ill have to make it in my parents barn and I can't really just pack my tank up and drive 20 minutes to their place.

lZnUpoB.jpg

Ch43RH5.jpg

Urgent need help just went and got 4 premium 8 foot 2x4's and I need to make my stand ASAP! What kind of screws do I need ? 20 gallon stand ?

Just the appropriate length wood screws will do fine. So something 2 to 2.5 inches long.

Day 1 "last image is day 2"

"Took a little over an hour to get everything set up I gave up on trying to line up the 2x4's the warping along with the rounded edges it just wasn't happening its level enough. " bubble falls between the two lines. It only had half the screws at this point held my 160ish pounds I know my tank weighs more so I had my mom sit on it with me and my dad it was good. " building it at their house I'm 21 don't have the nice tools"

wdj8WS2.jpg

Day 2
I decided i wanted to add bead board to my stand. Luckily my parents had some left over in their garage rather alot! It was pretty warped but because I was nailing it down while it was clamped and straight it worked okay. I did notice my stand was actually a little skewed but its stonger than all get out so I'm not to worried about it.

WyPaHhN.jpg

Then here it is completely wrapped minus the front because It took me a few hours to figure out how I'm going to get a door put on. Took a break to watch the end of the dude walking a tight rope across the grand caynon.

hPqIylQ.jpg

I decided to use some wood it was like a 2x4 but its actuall thickness was 1" leaving 1/2 of room for me to cover it in plywood. I need the plywood on the front to go flush behind the bead board because a door won't hang from this bead board because its particle board so it needs a reinforced backing .

9a2jPQg.jpg

Tomorrow I'm making the door . Need to get my hands on a table saw though :/ the jig saw took forever to get everything cut. I'm also adding quarter round trim to the bottom around the floor and corner moulding around the corners and top.

Today I finished the bead board and bottom trim and door cut out and made a door not mounted perfectly I can't get it perfect now the screws keep going down the hole that's bad and ya... Anyways closes and off by like 1/16 of an inch as far as I can tell unless my beadboard is crooked which is very possible !

ZoOvvW3.jpg

mdoITeE.jpg

GRS8lmD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom