Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

is the wood true? if it is bowed, it could create a wobble.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmolavi View Post
is the wood true? if it is bowed, it could create a wobble.
It's what ever the stand is pretty level not perfect but ill put down a price of styrafoam or something I guess

Old 06-24-2013, 02:37 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Day 1 "last image is day 2"

"Took a little over an hour to get everything set up I gave up on trying to line up the 2x4's the warping along with the rounded edges it just wasn't happening its level enough. " bubble falls between the two lines. It only had half the screws at this point held my 160ish pounds I know my tank weighs more so I had my mom sit on it with me and my dad it was good. " building it at their house I'm 21 don't have the nice tools"

Day 2
I decided i wanted to add bead board to my stand. Luckily my parents had some left over in their garage rather alot! It was pretty warped but because I was nailing it down while it was clamped and straight it worked okay. I did notice my stand was actually a little skewed but its stonger than all get out so I'm not to worried about it.

Then here it is completely wrapped minus the front because It took me a few hours to figure out how I'm going to get a door put on. Took a break to watch the end of the dude walking a tight rope across the grand caynon.

I decided to use some wood it was like a 2x4 but its actuall thickness was 1" leaving 1/2 of room for me to cover it in plywood. I need the plywood on the front to go flush behind the bead board because a door won't hang from this bead board because its particle board so it needs a reinforced backing .

Tomorrow I'm making the door . Need to get my hands on a table saw though :/ the jig saw took forever to get everything cut. I'm also adding quarter round trim to the bottom around the floor and corner moulding around the corners and top.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:10 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Today I finished the bead board and bottom trim and door cut out and made a door not mounted perfectly I can't get it perfect now the screws keep going down the hole that's bad and ya... Anyways closes and off by like 1/16 of an inch as far as I can tell unless my beadboard is crooked which is very possible !

Tags
stand, tan, tank stand

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com