Tank warmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mileymoo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Was struggling to keep when tank to 31c when I had white spot awhile a go, so I made thick card board cut outs for the back, side and front, the back and sides are on all the time, I've covered them in tin foil, and my rummy nose tetras are much more settled now there faces are bright red, I'm saving slightly in electric because not all the heat is escaping, I put the front panel on at night, and take it off a hour before the lights go on, all fish are happier and brighter, I have small children that use to point at the sides of the tank and can't do this now, so the fish are so much less stressed, it's great when the heatings of cause the tank temps stays the same

Was struggling to keep when tank to 31c when I had white spot awhile a go, so I made thick card board cut outs for the back, side and front, the back and sides are on all the time, I've covered them in tin foil, and my rummy nose tetras are much more settled now there faces are bright red, I'm saving slightly in electric because not all the heat is escaping, I put the front panel on at night, and take it off a hour before the lights go on, all fish are happier and brighter, I have small children that use to point at the sides of the tank and can't do this now, so the fish are so much less stressed, it's great when the heatings of cause the tank temps stays the same
I don't really understand this thread!!. What are you trying to achieve. Is your heater struggling to maintain the tanks temp. I assume you are not wanting to keep the temp at 31c constantly. If not, why the insultation???

No they've just had white spot! And my tank heater says that it goes up to 31c, but it only heated the tank to 29c (thats what my glass thermometer said) so I insulated the tank and it went to 31c only doing it for 7 days, then slowly reducing it back to 24c

No they've just had white spot! And my tank heater says that it goes up to 31c, but it only heated the tank to 29c (thats what my glass thermometer said) so I insulated the tank and it went to 31c only doing it for 7 days, then slowly reducing it back to 24c
Sorry!!. I thought you were leaving the insulation on permanently...lol. Great idea...

Back
Top Bottom