The remake of my 45 gallon planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Infinity Aquascapes

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello!
My 45 gallon recently developed a small leak, so I decided since resealing the tank was in order that I would just go ahead and start fresh and with a few new additions to the tank. The tank was housing 1 discus 3 German blue rams and a small shoal of cardinal tetras. Filtration was taken care of by a Rena canister filter. I am going to go ahead and drill the tank and set it up for sump filtration. I made a small sump out of a ten gallon tank(made a long time ago and finally get to use instead of it collecting dust!) and have a laguna pond return pump.
I got a dual 36" t5 light and a co2 set up for the rebuild. My concern is with co2. I've heard it can cause wild ph swings with would not be good for my live stock. Anyone have any thoughts on co2 or my revamp? Painted back ground black and revealed with aqueon aquarium silicone.
My livestock is currently living in a 29
Gallon tank until the 45 is done. Any thoughts or tips appreciated!

He is the lone ranger he had 4 others to start and he picked at each of them so badly I had to get rid of them or watch them suffer. I know u would never traditionaly keep a discus alone but this particular one does not play well with others.

Back
Top Bottom