thinking about making a huge tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmm, I don't know. I don't try to heat my pool to 80 deg all year, nor do I try to supply enough light to grow corals in it. How many gph would you need in a tank that size too?
that another thing i don't want no salt water i'm going fresh thinkin some largemouth bass, walleye northern pike and catdaddy's all fish that i can eat adventually except for the bass i just love those fish i want to get one up to thirty pounds and ha ve a gunness record there it can be done just wait ya'll be seein me in the record books when i'm done

There is a thread on RC about a tank that was built for hospital. I don't remember how big it is off hand but I believe the acrylic used was 2" thick.

After you price out the sheets of acrylic you may change your mind. I belive those sized panels have to be custom made and that is expensive.

Contact Envision (they are out in the north west somewhere) the build tanks for aquariums and I believe they build pretty much all the aquariums for Jellyfish exhibits around the world. If anyone can answer you questions they could.

I went online and looked at tanks that size and saw them ranging from $40,000 to $700,000 I would be careful building something that big yourself. If it breaks its gonna flood the room.

By the way how high are the ceilings in your house? were you just gonna set it on the floor?

That 50,000 gallon tank is amazing, seems like he is having alot of problems though

Back
Top Bottom