thinking about making a huge tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a shot of me cleaning my tank!
img_985192_0_e2ed113abfc603d952d59010ccabc5d4.jpg

how big is that tank thats what i'm talking bout go big or go home

My hermits keep knocking over my corals. Good thing I keep it at 80*. I'm getting old and the cold water bothers me. Ha, Ha, Ha...

you can make it out of plywood. a tank that size once its in its in your really not going to be able to move it. i would do a brick tank with just the front viewing. this is going to be sw?

you can make it out of plywood. a tank that size once its in its in your really not going to be able to move it. i would do a brick tank with just the front viewing. this is going to be sw?

thats a cool idea never thought of that but plywood? how does that work won't the wood warp over time

yea lots of people use plywood to build large tanks since its cheap. you just coat it with this type of epoxy that seals the wood. never made one my self so i dont have all the details.

yeah i'll deffinately look into ply wood and see if that would be the way to go i know wood won't shater if one of the kids throw a toy and acidently hit it of course if i make a stone casing for it it makes it all that much stronger i'm gonna do some serious researchbefore i go that way

I believe that the plywod is used for the three sides and the bottom. The wood is water sealed and a front glass or acrylic is caulked and used for viewing.
TC

I believe that the plywod is used for the three sides and the bottom. The wood is water sealed and a front glass or acrylic is caulked and used for viewing.
TC

yes like that. there is a local guy with a 10,000 brick tank. old school tanks been know to just pour concert

The problem with just concert is it takes so long for the PH to come down to a usealbe reading.

sure you could line it and coat it. i dont know. just says its possible might not be a good idea lol.

hmm, I don't know. I don't try to heat my pool to 80 deg all year, nor do I try to supply enough light to grow corals in it. How many gph would you need in a tank that size too?

Back
Top Bottom