Here are a few pictures of a through the wall tank we included as part of a major house renovation.
This was the room and specifically the window that started the idea of upgrading our 25l Fluval Edge to a bigger through the wall tank. The external wall would become internal once the extension was built.
There was already a lintel on the internal leaf, so it was just a case of removing what I needed (or rather didn't need) below. I took it down to floor level to give a little more depth in the cupboard below. The external block work is a temporary measure while the extension was being built.
The now 'ex-window' from inside the extension. I made the hole oversized so a section at the top could be built up with plasterboard to hide the water line.
Same hole now plastered.
Other side Plastered.
Missing a few stages in between... this is the extension side just about finished (still got to finish the room in general).
And finally the other side with cabinet.