Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

tupperware fry tanks

anyone know a way i can plum 4 x 3 liter Tupperware tanks for fry to one larger 5 liter tank for filtration. the fry will be in the four smaller tanks only for a short while until there big enough to go into the larger fry tank. i know the tubs are only small but with a kind of sump type thing i think the water will be good enough and the sump will have either a small wet/dry or trickle or internal filter and the heater. BTW can i put a small air stone in my fry tank or will the bubbles be to powerful. sorry for the long post !

Old 08-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I don't see there being a reliable setup with something like this. But that being said, I imaging the best way would be to run pvc up through the bottom to create an overflow of sorts. The height of the pvc in the container would determine the water line. You would also have to cover it with some sort of sponge to keep fry from getting sucked in.

Then for the return would require a large amount of pvc hosing and rig up an extensive system.

Honestly, it's easier and probably cheaper to get a few 10g tanks, sponge filters, and 1 fairly powerful air pump. Not to mention if one bacterial infection takes hold it can wipe out the entire system.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

thanks for the info. how big is a ten gallon in feet i have a one foot tank with a sponge filter in it. thats my main fry tank !
Old 08-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

they are 20 inches long 10 inches wide and 12 inches tall

Tags
fry, tan, tank, tanks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com