Turtle floor level help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flame_fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I was told that when having turtles, it 's a really good idea to have the tank leveled? I heard I could make a level made of those white pipes tht wont harm the turtles. My tank is a 55 galon & i'm getting hatchling

I'm sorry I clicked send by accident but like I said I 'm getting hatchling musk turtles & I know they need to be nearvthe surface. & with it being levled & since the water won't be too high it can be easier for them. Can someone help me with suggestions?

Huh? I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Near the surface? They just need to be able to climb out onto their basking dock where their heat lamp and UVB lamp is. While they are still very small, you'll want to keep the water level lower than typical, about 4" high should be good.

I'm sorry, i'm trying to explain it as best as I can but this is what I mean, the picture was from a video on youtube. I thought of I put a platform on top of it & long plants so the turtles could have a shallow level & a deep level, i'm not sure if you still don't get it.

Attachments

• image-3305763084.jpg
    image-3305763084.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 131
hehe sorry if I'm being dense but I'm not quite understanding. Which part is the basking area?

lol, nah it's okay I couldn't explain it. But I'm gonna already have my basking area on the other side of my tank, I just thought It would be good to have a shallow & deep end but I need some easier suggestions for it.

You can terrace with a large stone retaining wall with gravel behind it. The turtle will be able to climb/swim up the rocks to get to the shallow part. Like this only with gravel behind the wall and water level above the terrace;

img_1622848_0_74dcf36fcd2a9782d9c550c13123197a.jpg

Last edited:
I see what you mean, but the with the rock thing but I was hoping to do the pipe setup so theres space under for my fish so swim & I want the fish to be able to swim on the shallow part.

Okay the thing I was talking about was an underwater platform!!

Back
Top Bottom