Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a similar set up, except i used a rubbermaid tub instead of a glass tank and put a bulkhead in. I have my skimmer in the tub with a denitrator coil. I have my chaeto in the sump. I am going to have to start removing the bioballs, or at least take out the screen and drop them into the water.

unfortunately, I raised the sump when i drilled the hole in the rubbermaid, the sump already had an outlet, for an external pump I assume. So I have a high level in the tub, and the level in the sump is the bottom of the bioballs. I may spend the $10 on a new tub and do it level so that there is more water in the sump too. i might take out some of the rubble so my chaeto tumbles.

cabezon is offline   Reply With Quote

plumbing, refugium, sump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off