Twin sump help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David S

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm just about to start another SW tank up,it's a 60g(uk gallon)tank with stand,the problem I have is the space under the tank,It has two built in compartments which are 17"Wx15"Dx20"H but the doors don't join in the centre and only have a 10" opening.I would like to build a twin sump coupled together by 2 1/2" plastic pipes so my skimmer,heater,bio balls and any other equipment can be hidden,I'm hoping to use a lifereef siphon overfow box(if I can get one to england) and a 400-600gph return pump back to the tank and I'm after anyone who may have made one before with any details,hints,tips or future problems I may come across.
Any advice would be grateful

David

It could be done, but I'd consider other options first. If the tank isn't set up at the moment, there's a chance you could remove a stand brace temporarily to insert a sump, then replace the brace. I've also seen people cut access panels in the sides of their stands to put a sump in place. Otherwise, I think a two compartment sump wouldn't be too difficult to build. Check out Melev's Reef online. I believe he has a two-part sump design on there.

Back
Top Bottom