U/g jets - painted?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

findad

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am working on a 225 Cichlid set up, planning on an overstocked African population. Have seen Under gravel jets so thought i would try my own. Instead of powerheads, I am planning to use the return from my canister filters to push the water from the bottom to the top of the 30" tank. After some trial and error (s) Decided to try 3 filters, each running 4 jets with the optional spray bar.

Seems to generate decent current.

Didn't like the look of the pvc against the blue background so thought i would paint the down tube, blue. Started thinking that paint in the tank might not be a good idea.

I guess i need some Aquarium Advice.

Tanks alot

Attachments

• UG JETS1.jpg
    UG JETS1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1802.jpg
    IMG_1802.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1793.jpg
    IMG_1793.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 107
thats the answer i am looking for!
just wanting to get other opinions before i get it set up and running and nothing lives because of something leaching into the water.. overthinking again huh?

Spray paint is virtually "plastic" with thinners that once evaporated out leave you with the plastic... KIND OF. It should be safe.

That being said, it will only be a matter of time before algae and bacteria turn even white pvc a nice natural hue... Why not just let that happen and forget the nasty business of hoping the methyl ethyl keytone doesn't leach out and kill everybody?

Back
Top Bottom