Ultimate SW filtration sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris31505

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I'm designing my own sump from scratch and would appreciate any and all input. I would like to integrate all aspects of a current system into one unit. My goal is to fabricate the system completely from scratch without buying pre manufactured equipment. I want to experiment with new ideas and functions like skimming, media reactors, uv sterilization, mechanical and biological filtration. I am a firm believer that EVERYTHING can be refined to perform better. Here is my envelope for the sump... 48" long, 16" deep, and 16" tall. I have an opening of 34" tall so building up from the 16" will work ie: skimmer height. Here is a little background info about myself. I am the mechanical engineering manager and cnc programmer for a precision sheet metal and machine shop. I have access to a 4,000 watt cnc laser cutter, cnc mills, lathes, press brakes, and pretty much any other manufacturing equipment. I'm looking for ideas that no-one has tried yet or ideas that are "outside the box". Money is no object with this project as well. I want to create the ultimate all in one sump. Thanks guys and I'm looking forward to any and all input.

Back
Top Bottom