upgrading python???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishnewbe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok i have little DIY skills but how hard would it be to use dishwasher tubing. to make a fitting for my sink?? so i don't have to carry buckets any more

you can buy the actual valve, something like this, then all you need is the tubing which you can get at most hardware stores. that would be the easiest way to do it

or get even cheaper something like this.
11802 Fill and Drain Kit

might even be able to find at walmart or somewhere local. then you swing by lowes home depot pick up the hose and adapter and you are set.

the only other question you will have is do you want to attach a gravel vac to the other end or not.

The one thing to watch out for with a diy setup is making sure the hose is sturdy. I tried a garden hose and found it collapsed in vacuum mode. It needs to be a thick walled hose to work best.

you can buy the actual valve, something like this, then all you need is the tubing which you can get at most hardware stores. that would be the easiest way to do it

or get even cheaper something like this.
11802 Fill and Drain Kit

might even be able to find at walmart or somewhere local. then you swing by lowes home depot pick up the hose and adapter and you are set.

the only other question you will have is do you want to attach a gravel vac to the other end or not.

Good advice up there.

The one thing to watch out for with a diy setup is making sure the hose is sturdy. I tried a garden hose and found it collapsed in vacuum mode. It needs to be a thick walled hose to work best.

Careful of using garden hose. Some may be treated with anti-mildew agents.

can i use the same python for my FW and SW tanks?

Yep. Just flush it out after.

just to add to what HN1 said about flushing them out... just for precaution, i run HOT water through mine before using each time. That way if there was something in another tank the hot water should help remove it and it also makes the hose alot easier to maneuver around...

Back
Top Bottom