used 125g scratched

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dagen31

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all. New to the forum, been doing fresh water tanks for about a year now. I just picked up a 125g tank from a friend of mine. It would be a beautifull tank except that the people that he got it from must have used steel wool to clean it. The entire surface of the tank is covered with tiny scratches. There is nothibg that you can feel but there is no spot that looks clear. I have a drill, buffing wheel, and cyllium powder, but it does not seam to be doing the trick. Does any one know how i might be able to get these scratches out. I would love to get this tank set up. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have a feeling there might not be much to do about it if it's glass. You could try filling in the scratches with aquarium silicone, I heard of someone doing that once, but idk how that will do.

Still waiting for the paint on the stand to dry so i can have something more sturdy than a folding table to put it on and fill. The scratches cannot be felt. Ill update after i fill it.

Back
Top Bottom