Water pump suggestion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tacoeater

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here's what I want to do, I want to fill up a 100g container with water from my 180g and my 40g from weekly water changes. Once container is filled, I want to water my lawn with the old water, but with a hose and nozzle. It's only a 15'x15' section of lawn, so the pressure would not have to be crazy. Any suggestions on pump? Either submersed or outboard?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I did something similar when we were in a drought here in Georgia a couple years ago. We even kept washing machine water. I just used a 1200 GPH pond pump I had and rigged it for a water hose. Worked great. I was going about 100 feet with the water so you may not need a pump that big. Look for SunSun pumps on ebay.

You can put the container up on a stand and have a water hose hookup. Pressure should take care of the rest. You CA experiment with different heights for different pressures.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the tips, I'll give them a try.

I'm using a pond pump for my water changes, I think mines right at 400 GPH and it has a fair amount of pressure. It has a threaded 1/2 in connection that you could change to garden hose to do your watering I think your overall cost would be 25 for the pump and 5 for the adapter.

Thanks, do you have a link to the pump and adapter?

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom