water tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys i am making a area for all my salt water aquarium stuff its a big store bought closet thing as big as a entertainment center its got a big shelf up top that goes all the way across i want ti put a water tank up there so i can fill it with water once a month so i dont have to carry water through the house everytime i need to top off or water change the tank will hold freshwater so i can mix the saltwater beneath it or get some for top offs my question is would it be better to build a tank or buy one from a boat magazine it will be made of plasttic i guess. wat do ya think build or buy?

right now i am looking at a plasticmart tank builder site and was scared to death at the price lol but no not yet will check in a few
thanks

I would suggest a plastic tub rather than glass - lighter, cheaper & doesn't break.

One thing I would check is if that shelf is sturdy enough to hold a tank of water .... most of the premade cabinets are not built to take a lot of weight. You might want to put the water tank at the bottom & invest in a small pump.

Back
Top Bottom