What do you call this and how can i build one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like a pcv pipe with rocks glued on it. It's an awesome idea, I just might steal it for my tank :lol:. Get some 2 part epoxy, coat a piece of pipe with it, and then roll it in some river rock or sand, depending on the look you want. I'd leave bare the portion that was going to be buried. After the epoxy dries, brush any loose stones off, coat it again with epoxy, and roll it again, repeating coats until it was covered in the rocks or sand. Make sure it dries completely, and you have an instant cave.

I don't think I'd use black epoxy though, I'd look for some clear stuff.

Hi Neuve,

You don't even need to use two part epoxy... I made a similar cave by using silicone. Just by "buttering" the pvc pipe with silicone and rolling it in the same gravel that is in my tank.

HTH

Did the silicone
Looks cool, ill post the pics soon
Loaches and corys and CAE's and albino rainbow sharks love it

Hey Nueve I am going to do the same thing tomorrow!, Going to get three weather loaches for my 45 gallon tank, ought to be fun :)

Yup, IMO its easier with thick gravel since its more porous (The remaining surface) and it cures quicker.

I cut the pvc tubes with a kitchen knife...

Any ideas to get smooth borders?

You can easily use super glue to adhere your stones or sand. It dries almost immediately and is safe.

LOL, I need a saw or something... It took me like 30 min to cut it... The fun part was the silicone, shouldve used latex gloves...

Back
Top Bottom