What do You Think!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glenc

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tried feeding my dyoco2 into my AC mini in my ten gallon tank. Worked fine, only to noisy, and to many fine bubbles all over the tank. Went out and got a Red Sea 200 diffuser. After much assembly, re-assembly, got it to blow fine bubbles.( It will leak big bubbles at the rubber seal if not assembled perfectly!) It's basically a glorified air stone, so I was still losing a fair amount of CO2 from the bubbles dissipating out of the top of the tank. I bought a Fizz factory before I got an education on these forum pages. It dosn't work well at all. I scraped it. I did however, keep the bell reactor. It won't fit on the end of a ten gallon tank. Or will it. I took out Mr. hacksaw and cut off the pieces that hold the suction cups on. I cut new slots to hold the suction cups more centered. It fits now. By placing it over the Red sea diffuser, any escaping CO2 bubbles are caught and can dissolve in the water. It is also right beside my AC mini, so the CO2 gas in the bell reactor has a good current moving past it, and should diffuse well. Needs to be in a bigger tank. Kinda takes up space!

To much CO2

Just got home from dinner with my wife. Thought I'd do some tests on the new experiment. Looked in my tank, didn't see any fish. They were all hovering on the bottom, not moving. I immediately got out the test kit and this is what I found. Without the bell reactor and just the Red sea diffuser, I had PH-7, KH 9 or 160 PPM, giving me a nice 27 of CO2
Less than 2 hrs later with the bell and the Red sea diffuser my PH had dropped to 6.6, KH stayed the same. That now gave a level of 67.589 CO2. Fish were not happy. Took the bell out, did a 25% water change. The bell reactor and the Red sea diffuser together produced one heck of alot of C02, and fast! Maybe good for a bigger tank, but to much for my 10 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom