What fish is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got it but walmart tanks are so stupid that they mix match name tags

I am agree with this... Walmart does mix tags up...!! And it's hard to find fish names and information... Plus they don't give good customer attention and fish are usually unhealthy..!! :/ that's why I don't buy fish from there anymore...

I think okapizebra is correct as they are not schooling fish, but it is beneficial to keep multiple of them together.

They are not schooling fish. Platies are livebearers. While they do appreciate friends, they can be kept singularly with no issues.

I just got it but walmart tanks are so stupid that they mix match name tags

Definitely a Platy! Can't tell for sure if it's male or female, pictures blurry around anal fin area. I have couple of those, they are great, hardy fish, and very sweet personalities. All 3 of mine were girls as they will make babies like crazy if you have both sexes. They are live bearers like Guppys (no eggs, mom gives birth to tiny baby Platies). One of mine eats like little pig. At first I was scared that she was sick, she would just balloon up from eating looking like her tummy is ready to burst. I discovered that frozen peas help keeping their tummies clean and will be exploring more veggie options to give them more variety. They all looooove their peas! My Platies are very sweet and peaceful in community tank with Mollies, one Betta male, mystery snail and few ghost shrimp, lots of live plants, caves, driftwood, everybody gets along great. Enjoy your Platy, they are truly great fish:)

I may be dumb but I buy from there to save the fish

I don't call that "dumb" in my books that's "kind" or "caring". I've done that with 5 dying Betta's in 1/2 cups of dirty water on shelves of petco, where little gals would down right refuse to change water bcs "water change day is on Tuesdays"! In all 4 case. That was 3-4 days away, those poor fish were destined to die horrible suffocating death. It is too bad people who do care are either money or space restricted to be able to provide good homes and save more animals out there.... The hardest thing for me is walking into those stores and not being able to get all those fish, dogs, cats out :(... So far one I lost one of my rescue Bettas, the others (still have 4 rescues and 1 was a gift) are doing great and are so gorgeous to look at. I could swear they know me, always swim up to great me, don run away from vacuum when I clean up the tank floor. I just love them. Btw my Walmart has tanks in such bad shape that I would be scared to put any of those poor fish in community tank in fear of getting my whole tank sick with something. But if you have a QT tank then definitely do that! They know they've been saved and appreciate that making best pets for us.

I don't call that "dumb" in my books that's "kind" or "caring". I've done that with 5 dying Betta's in 1/2 cups of dirty water on shelves of petco, where little gals would down right refuse to change water bcs "water change day is on Tuesdays"! In all 4 case. That was 3-4 days away, those poor fish were destined to die horrible suffocating death. It is too bad people who do care are either money or space restricted to be able to provide good homes and save more animals out there.... The hardest thing for me is walking into those stores and not being able to get all those fish, dogs, cats out :(... So far one I lost one of my rescue Bettas, the others (still have 4 rescues and 1 was a gift) are doing great and are so gorgeous to look at. I could swear they know me, always swim up to great me, don run away from vacuum when I clean up the tank floor. I just love them. Btw my Walmart has tanks in such bad shape that I would be scared to put any of those poor fish in community tank in fear of getting my whole tank sick with something. But if you have a QT tank then definitely do that! They know they've been saved and appreciate that making best pets for us.

I know!!!, wish I had the room to take all the fish with me :( but I take what I can

Back
Top Bottom