Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-24-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Question What is CO˛ liquid draw?

So I'm looking at the CO˛ available from my local supplier and they have it in two forms, one called "liquid draw" and marked as such with a red sticker.

So what am I looking at here, whats the difference? Can I use both types? Would I need different hardware depending what type I purchase?

My primary concerns being first the safety of my living quarters and my fish, and second the long term costs. It'll all be hiding in my dedicated fish room so I'm not too concerned about appearance or size.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing" A. Einstein
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."
"We can do anything we want to if we stick to it long enough." Helen Keller
Deep Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
If "liquid draw" means it has a siphon tube, that tank is meant for filling paintball tanks and the like. The siphon tube allows you to draw liquid CO2 out of the tank instead of just gaseous CO2. I don't know if a siphon tube tank will work with regular CO2 equipment, but I'd stick to the regular tank, just in case the siphon tube tank won't work.
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com