What type of fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaArcher

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I'm getting a 10 gallon tank and was wondering what type of fish would be compatible with two female bettas?

Betta

Kuhlis
Corys
Otto algae eater
Larger ghost shrimp
Dwarf frogs

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I have a tank with a female betta too. She gets along with hall of my fish which are: dwarf gourami, glass fish, Cories, male guppies, cherry barbs, and got along with an amano shrimp(but he died) she is t boss of the tank. I have a sucker fish that I don't know the name of but he is less than and inch is kinda the boss of the tank. Sometimes the gourami is boss but it's usually the sucker fish! It's funny since he is so small and bosses around the big fish

Sent from my iPhone

If you are going to get cories for a ten gallon, they should be pygmy cories. These do best in groups of more than 4, with 6 being better.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok thanks also would smooth stone wear down they're barbells or do I need sand?

Betta

Sand is best but smooth pebbles work too. Keep in mind that a school of that size plus 2 Bettas will have you pretty much stocked.

Do you have the 2 females already? If not I would reconsider. Females can be aggressive too. Most people keep them in sororities of 5 or so. Not something I would recommend in a 10 gallon. One low-key male would work just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom