Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-15-2003, 04:06 PM   #11
I like Logan's idea. A deep cycle marine/rv battery and an inverter small enough for just an air pump and a heater should be less expensive.
Isn't air in a tank not good for a reef system? Another thing, if an air pump is what you are wanting to run, why not just buy a decent battery powered air pump?

also, I don't understand , I priced Marine batteries and one that would power a good enough amper inverter, would run you close to $100.00. And then add on the battery charger for when the battery dies. Hmm seems a little around the bush for power in case of an outage. I would rather keep my complete system running rather than risk getting the air bubbles in there. ( seeing as when I bought an airstone and put it in my tank, I was told on this forum to get it out of there., that airstones had no place in a marine aquarium )...If I am not mistaken, that is what I was told. JMO believe me, I am one to try and save as much money as possible. and I just can't justify skimping on this. I won't even do it for my computer much less for something that lives. IMHO :P
Old 02-21-2003, 04:41 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
True, I am an avid fishermen at the beach. One of my hobbies is catching bait, I do it for hours. I have about 10 air pumps, the best one gets 100 hours on two D batterys. 2 D batteries compared to 20 bucks for 11 hours. You can buy them at most sports stores. Save your money!

If you don't love what you do, you'd better find something else to love. Otherwise, you don't have a reason for living.
-Ray B.
d9hp is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com