where to find 1/32" thick acrylic sheet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alex787

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
do any of you know where i can get a 1/32" thick acrylic sheet that is 4 foot by 8 foot

Before you start searching online retailers, I'd look locally. Grab a phonebook or online equivalent and search for plastics shops.
Shipping on a sheet that large will be incredible.

i have went to all my local shop but they have not thing

Is there anything out a bit further? The shipping is going to be a nightmare on that size of acrylic.

no there are not alot of shop that have acrylic where i live

Have you asked your local glass shops?

They can usually get plexi and lexan in large sizes.

yes i try all my local shop and the all say no

i have seen 1/32 acrylic but the biggest i seen it has been 4 foot by 2 foot to small for what i need

home depot carries acrylic but alot of them dont recognize it by the name acrylic go to home depot and ask them where there plexi glass is theyll point you in the right direction.

i have already went to home depot the biggest thing they had was 2foot by 2foot

in thst case your best bet is to look up a glass repair shop I've never had to go to far because my dad owns a glass company so he can order custom sizes of glass to your size and thickness they can also do that for you.

so the only why to get that size of 1/32 thick acrylic is to custom order it

hmm well for the specific sixes you want you might just have to go to a glass company.

why do you need it so thin?

it may not come in larger sheets as it would be incredibly difficult to manage without cracking

Back
Top Bottom