Where to put my heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KidFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have done a custom overflow in my 125 with PVC, blah blah.. Goes to the Rubbermaid tub under the tank into the wet dry filter, annnnd into the pump into the the tank!

But..

I want to put my heater in the Rubbermaid thing also, how the heck am I supposed to do that when everything in there is made of plastic?!? Any ideas?:/

the heaters suction cups should stick to the tub. sorry if I'm reading ur issue wrong

Lay it on the bottom, put a heater guard around/on it. Ta da!
(That's how I abuse my heaters!)(y)

(Heater guards fit like sleeves over the heater, I think they stop fish perching on them, if I lay a heater on a bare bottom tank it has a guard on it)

bottom or side it won't matter, i wudnt bother with the guard, its in a sump nothing alive is gonna be touching it right? (i don't bother with a heater guard in my tanks anyways) my heaters are positioned in a what works, works. kinda way

heater suction cups or heater guard would be your best bet IMO. If you don't want to buy those I suppose laying it atop a ceramic plate or couple of rocks would do for a poor man's fix.

i have the suction cups! i was just worried if suction comes loose or something! maybe ill suction cup it to a piece of glass and surround it with rocks haha

If you are worried about it melting the plastic tub make it a bed of substrate and lay it on that. Wouldn't need it to be super thick 1 bag of aquarium rock would do the trick.

If you are worried about it melting the plastic tub make it a bed of substrate and lay it on that. Wouldn't need it to be super thick 1 bag of aquarium rock would do the trick.
thats a great idea! More surface for bb growth as well!!

Back
Top Bottom