Would this work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need a container for guppy fry so...
Would a medium sized rubbermaid tub work? Not the huge type. I'd add a filter and heater if necessary.

emerald76 said:
I need a container for guppy fry so...
Would a medium sized rubbermaid tub work? Not the huge type. I'd add a filter and heater if necessary.

Measure the dimensions and figure out the volume but if its at least 5g I don't see why not. Depending of course on number and age of fry. I'd add some easy plants like java moss that can grow in Ambient light and provide a source of fry food. Also consider a snail or two as a clean up
Crew.

It would probably work, it is a container just like a tank.

Check Craigslist, people sell tanks cheap and give them away for free too.

Put up an ad asking for one for free, lots of people move and don't have time to keep them. Babies are fun to watch and see the changes as they grow and develop colors. It is worth it to get a tank to see them IMHO! :fish1:

Autumnsky said:
It would probably work, it is a container just like a tank.

Check Craigslist, people sell tanks cheap and give them away for free too.

Put up an ad asking for one for free, lots of people move and don't have time to keep them. Babies are fun to watch and see the changes as they grow and develop colors. It is worth it to get a tank to see them IMHO! :fish1:

Thing is I'm not breeding to keep I'm breeding to sell and while it is fun it gets me more attached to them
:nono:
Ive leeway got one I want to keep lol

The Rubbermaid idea would definitely work but I would suggest a larger one, it's like $10 at Walmart. I have some larger ones and they hold about 17-18 gallons and provide more room for the fry to swim around and they will likely grow faster.

kdpuffer said:
The Rubbermaid idea would definitely work but I would suggest a larger one, it's like $10 at Walmart. I have some larger ones and they hold about 17-18 gallons and provide more room for the fry to swim around and they will likely grow faster.

Sounds good! The babies will now officially have more room than the adults

I would get some current in there. Tried using a 1 gal fish bowl as a fry tank once. did 75% water changes every day, and still was not nuff. After a week it just started getting nasty.

Back
Top Bottom