York region ontario canada glass drilling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madreefer420

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a tank that I wanna make into a refugium and I want it to be gravity fed and drained but don't really wanna but the 100$ bit for 1 hole does any one around here have one that I could use or you could drill how ever just wondering would like to get the full size refuge up

You may be able to find a glass shop that'll do it for cheap but if it were me I would just order the bit that way if you decide to do another tank you've already got it cause we all know about that dreaded mts you seem to catch with fish keeping haha

Haha mts? What's that and are u from around here? You know a place to find them I was wanting like 900gph to be able to flow thru the pipe so how big should I go or just get 2 holes that are smaller. I have a 160 with a 20 gallon sump and it will be a 30 gallon refuge my flow is prolly in and around 1500-1700gph and I want at least half to go thru my refuge I plan on baffling the in and out with walls if live rock with a tumbling cheato ball in the middle does this seem like I'm on the right path

Sounds good so far but if it were me I would try and go for two overflows one on either side with each overflow having 2x 1.5-2" bulkhead for a total of 4 overflow lines. Gravity does all the work so the added overflow won't effect anything other then added assurance that you won't see a clog equating to all your sump/fuge water on your floor lol

Edit*mts- multi tank syndrome (buying one tank usually leads to more then you can store away lmao)

Oh yea I got this 30 gallon sitting in front if my couch and my socks are plugging so fast cause of the rediculas flow through a single sock

Try building a "troft" with 2-4" holes drilled into it, like 2 or 4 (a filter sock for every one)

This is also why I want a refugium so I can make room in my sump since I won't need the Dsb in the middle ill be able to Put the protein skimmer in the middle and I will be doing that once I get the refuge

Back
Top Bottom