tuesday update...almost done folks!
the slate slabs are glued to the tops of the styro...but not glued to each other to allow for install and removal. this way i can lift it out in sections, and still control the bouyancy.
all right side slabs drying on the floor.
left side stacked up.
shot of the side of the left stack
i'll put them in the tank tommorrow, and prolly fill it next week.
sand is now my fave tahitian black moon. i skimped on it, due to cost. i went this route cause i found an extra pale left over from an old tank. total will be only about 60 lbs. i put in just enough to fill the eggcrate. this will keep the styro from sinking into the eggrate, and provide some stability, instead of uneven sand. u can see the two black airstones that will create the waterfall effect. they'll be run on a tired old whisper 60.
the emp 280 mod came out nicely. i basically cut off the bottom lip of the spraybar, and reglued it horizontally w/ plastic epoxy. there are a couple of acrylic braces there to help support it. seems very strong so far.