zeolite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scuba Diver

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Question I have is I have found that while my main tank cycles i was looking at zeolite for my smaller holding tank. The question I have is most of what I have found shows to be used in a canister filter. How would I use this product in a 10 gallon tank without having to get a filter that would plaster the fish up against the wall. I love to see my fish swim and would hate to see them look like they were a wall decoration on the inside of my tank from too powerful of a filter!

Can you just place a bag of it in the bottom or does it need water flow to work?

Just run your filter from your holding tank on your main tank until you need it, then move it over to the holding tank... that way, you don't have to worry about ammonia, as the tank will be essentially cycled. I'd much rather do water changes than rely on a chemical to remove ammonia, but that's just me. If you have made your mind up on using it, you can put some in a mesh bag of some sort and put it in your filter.

Just run your filter from your holding tank on your main tank until you need it, then move it over to the holding tank... that way, you don't have to worry about ammonia, as the tank will be essentially cycled. I'd much rather do water changes than rely on a chemical to remove ammonia, but that's just me. If you have made your mind up on using it, you can put some in a mesh bag of some sort and put it in your filter.

:agree: +1 Your bacteria in the filtration will take care of the cycling issue. I, too, try not to use any more chemicals than I absolutely have to.

Back
Top Bottom