Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > General Retailers
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-04-2002, 08:40 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Aquatropics...

This is mostly for Bette, since I know she lives in the same area that I do and shops there....How is their saltwater selection? I'm going tomorrow am to look and see if he has any snails I want, before I order online. Might also look into a fish, but probably not. So what's he got, when was the last time you were in there?

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 08:44 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Bette didn't answer me.... , guess I shoulda sent it as a PM. Well I'll be off to Aquatropics and I will post when I get back as to whether they were worth the drive or not.

Old 08-05-2002, 07:26 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Ok, I went today and I give this LFS a fair mark. I thought it was too small for the amount of stuff they had, I din't see any obviously unhealthy fish, but their reef display left something to be desired, but that happens when you sell from your display. The prices were out of line on some items, but below the norm on others. Their selection of fish wasn't that good, but I know the owner goes to the fish farm on Tuesdays, so that is kinda to be expected on Mon. I did appreciate that they are open fairly late during the week, 9:00pm, since they are an hour away, that makes a big difference to someone that works until 4:00pm. I will shop there again, but I will probably only buy necessities (on a I need it right now basis), but I really don't see giving this store a whole lot of business.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com