Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > General Retailers
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-18-2002, 02:24 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Current special on LR from FlyingFish

I have been looking about buying some LR recently and I actually went online today to make my final decision as to what source I was going to buy the rock from.

I went to www.ffexpress.com and my mind was made up right away as they have an even better deal on LR than they had previously.

They are now offering 45lbs of Fiji LR at $85. With overnight shipping your cost is $150.00 Should you go with two day shipping you can get it for $139.00

This is a great price as with the two day shipping your just above $3/lb

I feel this is a real good deal and wanted to share this information with all the saltwater hobbiests here.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 06:05 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I got the live rock today. It was delivered just after 1:00pm. Not bad for overnight standard. FedEx advertises delivery before 3PM on that service.

I will be posting some photos later.

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:10 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Ok. here are the images I promised.

We have a photo of the box it arrived it.

It was covered in wet newspaper to keep it somewhat moist

Here is the rock as it was in the box

Some photos of some of the rocks. I was holding the camera and with one hand (the dry hand) so some are not crips and clear

I am sure the rock will be more colorful when I move it around in a few days. These photos where directly out of the box and all the rocks where not cleaned off.

Old 09-20-2002, 08:56 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Anemoneman Send a message via Yahoo to Anemoneman
Wow Aaron, that rock looks great!
You got a deal. That's the way to buy that stuff. Your reef is gonna be 1st rate before long. Keep up the good work.

Mark
Old 09-20-2002, 09:29 AM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Thanks Mark for your great words of encouragement.

I must say I feel 90% of what I have learned I have learned by readings what you, Guy, and Kevin have said over the last 21 months that I have been into saltwater.

From the old Yahoo Group and now here on this site all of the information that is provided is usually very clear and concise.

Old 09-20-2002, 04:34 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfreek
I must say I feel 90% of what I have learned I have learned by readings what you, Guy, and Kevin have said over the last 21 months that I have been into saltwater.
I can't officially speak for Mark or Guy, but that is probably one of the things that makes this hobby so rewarding, being able to help others learn from your mistakes and experience. It has also made my day 8)

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 01:55 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via ICQ to CaliGal Send a message via MSN to CaliGal
An aside: I am assuming newspaper print ink is not harmful to SW fish and friends in any way? I would imagine not everyone cleans a LR shipment received. Just thinking... I mean, I wash my hands every time I put them in a tank believing one cannot be too careful.

Aaron, thank you so much for the pictures. You have no idea how much better one's experience is enhanced with pictures included, or very possibly you do realize. Thank you for taking your time on our behalf. And, it looks as if you received some interesting pieces.

This is a wonderful forum; thank all of you for being here, sharing and caring.

Sue

Tags
current, fly, spec

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com