Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > General Retailers
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great Plants from Baylee's Aquatics

After having great luck with the plants I got from Baylee's at a local swap, I needed some more to fill in my 29g. Baylee's had been listing a 12-pack of crypts on Aquabid for $30, but they recently stopped. I emailed Cory, the owner of Baylee's, asking if he was going to post any more 12-pack deals on Aquabid. He responded that he was shutting down for a few weeks for a much needed vacation, but if I sent $30 he'd put something together for me.

I got the box of plants today and this is what it contained:

Potted Crypts:
- Bronze Wendtii - A common crypt, but I didn't have any. This plant easily split into 5-6 decently sized plants.
- Crispulata var. Balansae - I didn't split this one, but it's good-sized plant.
- Lutea - This one split into at least 8 healthy plants.
- Ciliata - Split into 6-8 plants.
- Undulata - Split into 3-5 plants.

Loose Crypts:
- Moehlmannii - I got three huge plants, two of which have runners with a baby attached.
- Albida - I got two or three plants with gigantic root systems.
- Retrospiralis - I got three healthy specimens.

Stem Plants:
- Didiplis Diandra AKA Blood Stargrass - A nice bunch with maybe 20 stems. This was a surprise plant, really all the stems were a surprise. I mentioned that the golden nesaea I bought from Baylee's was doing well and that I could use some mid-ground high-light plants if they didn't have enough crypts to fill out the package. I'll have to move the diandra to my high-light tank tomorrow. The first site I found called it a medium-light plant, but I see it's a high-light species now.

- Mayaca Fluviatilis - Another high-light plant that I'll have to move over to my high-light tank. This was also a healthy bunch of 15+ stems.

- Caradamine Lyrata - A really long low-light stem. It's got tiny little fragile stems, so the bunch was a mess when I got it, but there's a lot of plant there.

So all in all, 11 species of plants for $30 shipped. Not quite a 12-pack, but packing in a few of the more unusual crypts and the stem plants more than made up for it. The communication from Baylee's was fantastic and the shipping was top notch. Every bag or pot was clearly labeled with the plant species and all the bags were heat sealed to prevent any leaks. The plants were shipped either late Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning and I had them by Wednesday afternoon.

If you're looking for plants. I highly recommend checking out Baylee's Aquatics on Aquabid. If you don't see what you're looking for, email them and ask.
Feel free to PM me directly with questions.
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eat, plant, plants

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com