Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > General Retailers
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Has anyone bought fish from liveaquaria.com?

I bin wanting certain fish but cant find them and i seen good ones on liveaquaria.com but im not sure to trust them or not. Has anyone bought fish from them? And if so whats your opinion on them?

Old 04-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

All the time,they are the only place i'll do online fish ordering ,,Top notch and great service ,packaging and shipping ...Plus an arrive alive stay alive for 14 day guarantee(for most fish) ..Can't beat it

FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Cool, i want a red manderin so bad, and i cant find it nowhere but there, thanks ima give it a try.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

You have just recently set up your tank, right? Not a good time for a mandarin. Do some research and ask questions about them here. Most advise says mature tank or not at all. Very hard to keep alive. Need lots of pods in your tank and very stable parameters.
spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I've ordered several times from live aquaria and they are top notch. Out of all the fish I;ve ordered from them only one died within 3 days of delivery and the credit process was really easy and I got my refund within 48 hours.

I would STRONGLY suggest you do alot of research on the mandarin, they are indeed difficult fish to keep because of their diet. It is possible to train them off of live pods and onto frozen food but it takes alot of time and effort and it doesnt always work. And from what I read they can revert back to pods anytime even after they have taken up eating frozen foods.

I've been VERY VERY lucky with my scooter and mandarin, it took about a month each to train them onto frozen food. But I also purchased an ORA mandarin from a LFS that was already supposed to be eating regular food, which by the way it didn't eat after I got her home. My tank also had a fuge with pods and alot of live rock so that helped the mandarin not starve while she was being weaned onto regular food.
180g- Mostly BIG fish and some coral. ~80g Nuvo- My coral tank with "happy fish"~ 90g- FOWLR Not the not happy type of fish~ 125g- Freshwater Malawi Cichlids ~10g- Nuvo- The refugees from the Ich of '18
carey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com