Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > General Retailers
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-10-2002, 01:33 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
i need some retailers

could anyone list some of there favorite retailors on the net. i love to shop. thanks.

Old 10-10-2002, 02:13 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

For Dry goods I use www.DrsFosterSmith.com

For Saltwater fish & Coral www.FFexpress.com

I havent Purchased Clams yet but I have E-mailed www.Clamsdirect.com
and found thier prices look good and they E-mail back rapidly and answered all my questions. Got a few things to straighten up on my reef before trying clams.

another good spot for dry goods is www.MarineDepot.com

Have fun
EMS503

Old 10-10-2002, 03:41 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
www.hellolights.com for bulbs and retrofit kits for MH and PC units

www.ahsupply.com for PH ballast kits

www.thatfishplace.com for dry goods

It was already said but www.marinedepot.com but I used them for books.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 05:28 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

how bout retailers with really good prices. i mean, ffe and depot have prices comparable to my lfs but after shipping its no comparison. however i heard they had quality product and good service. my lfs has that so i guess im looking for an exceptionally good priced place. thanks for the links. ill look at thatfishplace , thats the only one i havent visited yet.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:54 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Well either you have a really good priced LFS or your looking at the shipping wrong.

Sure on some items the LFS might be priced compeditivly after shipping if you order 1 item and have it shipped.

But the savings should come into play the second you order a second product in the same order. Most of the time additional items to the order dont drasticly affect shipping.

I usually dont order one item at a time unless Im desperate. I usually order up 4 items or more. Thats when the savings come into play.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 08:02 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Anemoneman Send a message via Yahoo to Anemoneman
Quote:
how bout retailers with really good prices. i mean, ffe and depot have prices comparable to my lfs but after shipping its no comparison
If your LFS can compete with online stores on price, you have found a gold mine. Online is as cheap as it gets. The LFS around here won't even talk to you if you mention you shop online, they just can't compete. You have to weigh "customer service" and instant gratification against the cost of shopping at home.
Old 10-11-2002, 09:23 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via Yahoo to SleeplessLwd
I've used several of the sites mentioned by the other members. There is one I will warn you not to deal with called Aquacon. My Friends & I had placed a rather large order and half of it came in dead and there were other problems with the order. We called the company several times and got a run around. When we requested a call back from the Owner, Manager or person in charge, he wouldn't return our calls. We ended up disputing the order with the credit card company and getting out money back that way, but to this day we still haven't recieved a call from the Owner. The company has a 5 day stay alive policy that they advertised and they wouldn't honor it. So stay away from that company.
Old 10-12-2002, 04:35 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

i noticeds that www.bulbsa2z.com had really great prices on MH balasts. I want a 175 watt one. what do i look for . what kind to i get. some one that knows sumthin about ballasts look at em and let me know.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com